Sunday 28 January 2018

What Do You Have?

A Word in Due Season

Sunday, January 28th, 2018

What Do You Have?

“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: …”
Acts 3:6

Today, I want you to observe the words of Peter in our opening scripture. He said, “… such as I have give I thee …” The question here is: What did Peter have?

To understand what Peter had, I will like to share with you from Matthew 9 where Jesus had just healed a lame man, in Matthew 9:8, the Bible says,

“But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.” The word power in the verse you just read actually means authority. This is made obvious to us in the Good News Bible which puts it this way, “When the people saw it, they were afraid, and praised God for giving such authority to people.”

This was what Peter knew he had. He knew God had given him power and authority, so he knew what he had. He knew he had the right, the capacity and the jurisdiction to make the lame man walk in the Name of Jesus, so he said to him; , "I have no money at all, but I give you what I have: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I order you to get up and walk!" Acts 3:6(GNB)

Do you know that you also have been given the same authority as a child of God in the Name of Jesus to do mighty works and to heal the sick? Therefore start using the Name of Jesus today with confidence and God will back you up.

Confession.
In the Name of Jesus, I declare that I have been given power and authority over all the ability of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me. God is working special miracles, signs and wonders through my hands in the Name of Jesus.

For further study, read:
Mark 16:17-18, John 14:12-14, Acts 6:8, Acts 8:5-13.

Doing the Word
Confidently pray for the sick.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION