Saturday 7 January 2017

You have a blank cheque.

Saturday,  January 7th.
You have a blank cheque.

“And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.”
John 16:23

Our opening scripture reveals to us in Jesus' own words that we do not pray to Him, instead He tells us to pray to the Father in His Name. We love Jesus, we fellowship with Him, we honour Him, but we pray to the Father.

Jesus said, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” That is a blank cheque Jesus has given to us before the Father. There was a time my wife and I made a list to the Father because I figured out that it is important to be specific when making your demands to the Father. For the Father to provide for your needs He must know exactly what you want. For instance, if you don't know my school fees, then how can you pay my school fees?

So, in order for my wife and me to be specific in our asking, we made a list of all the things we needed and we prayed over it in agreement. In less than two weeks after that day, I travelled to Benin and I ministered there to the brethren. On a Thursday during those meetings, I was speaking on the great commission not on giving, but God spoke to a lady to go to the market and she bought everything that we wrote down on our list to the Father. How did she know? Jesus said, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” God is not a respecter of persons. Therefore I encourage you to be specific as you ask in faith today and you will get the same results.

Prayer.
Dear Father I believe I receive all that I will ask for today in the Name of Jesus according to the Words of Jesus which says, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” So shall it be in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Matthew 7:7-11, John 14:13-14, John 16:23-24.

Doing the Word.
Therefore, with this understanding, put your faith to work today and make a list of all that you need and thank Him for meeting it.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION