Wednesday 25 January 2017

Finding God's perfect will.

Wednesday, January 25th.
Finding God's perfect will.

“Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.”                
Acts 13:1-2

Prior to the time that the Lord spoke these words concerning Paul and Barnabas in our opening scripture, Paul has already been in the ministry for close to thirteen years. Yet the Lord said, “Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.”

So, being engaged in Church does not mean that you are already in God's perfect will for your life. For instance, you can have a talent in music, but that does not mean that you should be in the choir. For example, I can sing but I am not in the choir.

That was the same thing Saul experienced, he had been in the ministry teaching the Word of God, yet the Holy Ghost said, “Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.” Therefore, even though he had been in the ministry for thirteen years, he was not doing exactly what God wanted him to do.

Have you discovered exactly what God wants to do with your life? Have you discovered God's perfect will for your life? If you haven't, I encourage you to ask the Lord to reveal it to you in this season and be sensitive to the voice of God's Spirit even as you do.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I acknowledge that you created me and knew me before I was born. Today, I ask that you give unto me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of your perfect will and purpose for my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Jeremiah 1:5, Galatians 1:15-16, Romans 8:28-29.

Doing the Word.
As part of your prayer during the fast, read the following scriptures and pray in line with them for our Man of God, Psalm 92:10, for a fresh anointing. Isaiah 11:2, for the seven spirits of God. Ephesians 3:16, for supernatural strength and ability. 2 Corinthians 12:12, for signs and wonders to be wrought through him.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION