Monday 4 December 2017

God Is Your Father

“For this cause the Jews had an even greater desire to put Jesus to death, because not only did he not keep the Sabbath but he said God was his Father, so making himself equal with God.”
John 5:18(BBE)

Jesus had no identity crisis because He knew who He was. He knew that God was His Father. This is one of the reasons for the extraordinary feats accomplished through His life. He was always conscious of the Fatherhood of God and was always conscious of His Sonship.

He did not look to outward manifestations to convince Himself that He was the Son of God. This was why when the devil said to Him in Luke 4:3(CEV), “…. If you are God's Son, tell this stone to turn into bread,” Jesus knew better. He knew that changing stones into bread will not convince Him that He was the Son of God, any more than my blinking would convince me that I am human.

Jesus knew who He was, because He had a revelation of Himself. The reason for the weaknesses in the lives of some Christians today, is because they lack a revelation of who God has made them in Christ.

The Bible says to us in 1 John 3:1-2, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”

We are sons of God now; presently, not in the future.
The Bible says in John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”

Since we are His sons, God also has become a Father unto us just as He was to Jesus. 2 Corinthians 6:18(NIV) says, “"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."”

Confession.
I believe in Jesus. Therefore, I have received the right and ability to become the son of God
because I believe in His Name. I declare by my faith that God is my Father and I am His son.

For further study, read:
Galatians 3:26, Galatians 4:4-7, Ephesians 1:4-5.

Doing the Word
Live your life conscious of your identity in Christ.
You are the son of God.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION