Friday 1 December 2017

Knowing The Father

“And this is the real and eternal life: That they know you, The one and only true God, And Jesus Christ, whom you sent.”
John 17:3(MSG)

A lot of people do not know who the Father is because they do not know Jesus. As a result, most times they are scared whenever they want to ask the Father for anything.

There are lots of sinners who would have been born again today, but they are scared to come to the Father because nobody showed them Jesus. Jesus came to show us the Father.

“Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!"” John 14:6-7(MSG) So, if you get to know Jesus you will come to know the Father.

There are people who have erroneously believed that God cannot use them because of the terrible sins they committed in their past. As a result such people continue to live in self-condemnation and guilt. But as they get to know Jesus from the Bible and see how He forgave a woman that was caught in the very act of adultery, their faith would be stirred and their confidence in God's love would be increased. (See John 8:10-11)

Jesus said, “I have not spoken on my own. Instead, the Father who sent me told me what I should say and how I should say it. I know that what he commands is eternal life. Whatever I say is what the Father told me to say."

John 12:49-50(GWT) Therefore, if Jesus forgave the woman caught in the very act of adultery and told her to go and sin no more without condemning her, it means that God is not the one condemning you if you feel condemned. John 3:17(TLB) says, “God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.” The Father wants to save, not condemn, you. Get ready to learn more about your heavenly Father and His love for you in this month's devotional. God bless you.

Prayer.
Dear Father, from this day forward, I choose to accept Your everlasting love for me. Thank You for sending Jesus Christ to die for me, to save and to purchase me with His blood. I ask that you grant unto me a revelation of Your everlasting love for me even as I desire to know You more in this month, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
John 1:18, John 5:37-40, John 14:1-10.

Doing the Word
Give the Lord thanks for the gift of eternal life. Thank the Father for His everlasting love towards you and reject all condemnation.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION