Monday 4 December 2017

Jesus Is The Way

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6

From our opening scripture, we see the Lord Jesus saying to us that He is the way. He did not say, I am a way. No, He used a definite article saying, “I am the way”. He was certain of the truth of what He was saying. That means if you want to get to the Father, there is no other way outside of Jesus.

I remember someone said to me many years ago that it is either Jesus is really the Son of God or He was insane. Then he said he would rather believe that Jesus is the Son God, having observed the character and the fruit of His life.

Jesus also said He is the truth and the life. You would agree with me that such statements cannot be said by an ordinary human being about himself. When Jesus says He is the life, He is saying that He is the essence of all creation. He is saying that without Him, there is no life. He also said, “No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” So, without Jesus, you cannot know the Father.

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.” 1 John 2:22-23

Magnify the Name and the Person of Jesus wherever you go. He is the way, the truth and the life. If you refuse to acknowledge Jesus, you do not have the Father, but if you acknowledge Jesus, you have the Father also.

Confession.
Dear Father, I acknowledge Jesus as the only Way, the Truth and the Life. I will boldly declare at all times that He is Lord. I will always acknowledge and magnify His Name and His Person everywhere I go in honour of You.

For further study, read:
Luke 10:16, John 5:23, John 15:23.

Doing the Word
Never compromise your faith in Jesus. No individual, group, need or reward is worth denying Jesus.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION