Saturday 16 March 2013

Do you tithe? 2.



“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”      Malachi 3:10(KJV)

God will not force you to bring your tithe to Him. He expects you to do it willingly because tithing is your escape from the curse and all its consequences.

Many years ago, while working as a church staff in my home church, after I was paid my first salary, I wanted to look like my young friends, so after I collected my salary, I went to buy myself a St. Michael's pair of shoes. During that period I was to attend my grandmother’s burial, so as I was travelling to the village, I kept my pair of St Michael’s in a bag right in front of me. Every other thing I was travelling with was all behind in the boot except for the shoes.

When I got to my destination, it was then I realized that I had misplaced my shoes. I went back to the park to try to track the shoes but I couldn't find the shoes. It was then the Spirit of God reminded me that I had not tithed. From then on, I made up my mind that in my life I would never joke with tithing.

The Lord says to you, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and test me now in this," says the LORD of Armies”  Malachi 3:10(HNV). God demands that you test Him in your tithing. God is daring you, this is the only place in scripture God says for you to test Him because money is the measure of value.        

Be a tither and you will begin to experience sweat-less success because the blessing will remove sweat from your life. God wants your life to be enviable and inspiring to the world. The first house which I rented and lived in, when I just came into Bayelsa was an uncompleted building. But I told the brothers that were with me then that from this house we will affect the whole State. We not only completed the house but we got on television from that place. There are so many possibilities awaiting you if only you will start tithing today.  

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you that whenever I release my tithe, it is a declaration of my faith that you are my source. Therefore there shall be no miscarriage in my body or in any area of my life. All nations shall call me blessed for my life shall be delightsome and pleasant in Jesus Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Malachi 3:8-12, Hebrews 7:1-22.

DOING THE WORD
Activate the blessing by being a tither today.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION