Saturday 4 January 2014

Counsel for you.

“Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.” 1 Peter 3:7(KJV)

Sometimes, people wonder why I love my wife the way I do. One of the reasons is because of our opening scripture. This is why I give honour to my wife because we are heirs together of the grace of life.

Therefore, as I do the Word, I get the reward. All my prayers are answered. So, as a married man reading this today, do you know that you can actually shut the heavens over your life by the way you treat your wife? That's what the Bible says, (Please see Malachi 2:11-16) At the same time you can also live under an open heaven, just because of the way you treat your wife.

At this time of the year that we are fasting and praying, you can get much more from this spiritual exercise, if you will just change in your attitude towards your spouse.(See Isaiah 58:3-6,9)

Also, if you are a married woman reading this today, the Bible also teaches you on what you ought to do in Titus 2:4-5, “That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”

So, as a married woman, the Bible encourages you to be sober(self controlled), love your husband and your children, be discreet(be prudent, and be cautious in speech), chaste(be virtuous and faithful), keepers at home(be a good house wife), finally, be obedient(submit yourself to your own husband.)    

Any home where the husband and the wife put these things first to do them, that home will be filled with peace, and their marriage will be like heaven on earth.

Prayer.
 Dear Father, I thank you for revealing the truth of your Word to me, I choose to be a doer of your Word. Therefore, as I put your Word to work in my marriage, may the blessing rest upon me and my household, and may my marriage be like heaven on earth, in Jesus Name, Amen. 

For further study read: 1 Peter 3:3-5, 1 Corinthians 7:3, Colossians 3:19, Ephesians 5:21-33. 

Doing the Word.
Submit yourself one to another.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION