Wednesday 15 January 2014

Embrace challenges.

“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;” James 1:2(KJV)

You may read the Word in our opening scripture and ask, “how can I count it a thing of joy when I am faced with a challenge or a temptation?” James 1:3-4 tells you the reason you should count it all joy. He says, “Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”

You will notice from James 1:3, that your attitude to life in times of trials and temptation is a revelation of your knowledge. That will begin to help you understand why someone can still be joyful when he is going through challenges, because he has Word-based knowledge. That knowledge which he has from God's Word, helps him to maintain a victorious attitude in the face of challenges.

Do you know that your faith actually needs those challenges for it to be perfect? Those phases and times of challenges are actually opportunities for your faith to show its true colours, and for it to be well developed, so that it will not be deficient in anyway. See 1 Peter 1:6-9.

Therefore, child of God, do not run away from challenges, embrace them, “for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trials, the result is the ability to endure. Make sure that your endurance carries you all the way without failing, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” James 1:3-4(GNB)

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you because I know that the trial of my faith, refines my faith of all impurities, so that the strength of Christ is revealed in me, empowering me, for anything so that I can be equal to anything through the sufficiency of Christ in me, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Matthew 5:10-12, Luke 6:22-23, Romans 5:3-5, Romans 8:35-37, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, James 1:12, Hebrews 12:11, 1 Peter 5:7-10.

DOING THE WORD
Don't give in to temptations and trials when they arise.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION