Wednesday 26 February 2014

Change by the Word 2.

“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul:…”
Psalm 19:7(KJV)

I remember before I became born again at seventeen, I had two friends that lived very close to my house. From time to time, my friends and I will come together and decide that we are now born again. We will agree together that we will no longer attend worldly parties any more, then we will all go to our houses.

By Friday, after we have tried to be born again for a period of time, when information got to us that there is going to be a party on Saturday in one of the most popular joints(Farm kitchen) in the estate where we lived in Warri. We unconsciously began to plan to attend.

On that Saturday, I left my house for the party in Farm Kitchen without informing any of the other two friends of mine who agreed together with me to be born again. On getting to the party, I then discovered that the other two friends of mine, have also come to attend the party without my knowledge. By the time we met together there, we began to say to each other, “I thought you are born again.” So, right there, we agreed again that this will be the last party we are going to attend, but it was not the last. We continued that way until I heard the gospel, believed it and finally made Jesus the Lord of my life.

All my struggles ended since the day I accepted Christ as my Lord and personal Saviour, which today is over twenty years ago. God's Word has completely transformed my life because I gave the Word of God the required attention. You too can be transformed by the Word. All you need to do is to get born again if you are not, and then give the Word of God the rightful place in your life, and you will be conformed to the image of the Son of God.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you because your Word is producing in me what it talks about, and daily transforming me into the image of Christ in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Romans 10:1-13, 2 Corinthians 6:2, Acts 3:19.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION