Friday 21 February 2014

True worship.

“So then, my friends, because of God's great mercy to us I appeal to you: Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer.”
Romans 12:1(GNB)

Today, it is important I share with you the importance of worship even as you desire to grow spiritually.

In worship, you reverence God, you lose all self consciousness, and your heart is completely turned to God. As a result, God overwhelms your heart, even as you begin to feel the presence of God and His power all over you. He may even begin to speak to you, even as you worship. What makes these things possible? It is worship and reverence for God from a heart totally turned over to Him.

From our opening scripture, we understand that worship is beyond singing; it is offering yourself to God, and dedicating yourself to His service and all that pleases Him. The Bible tells us of the Macedonian church in 2 Corinthians 8:5(GNB), “…First they gave themselves to the Lord; and then, by God's will they gave themselves to us as well.”

If you say you worship God, the question I will like to ask you is this: “Have you offered yourself to God with all your mind, your heart, your body, your strength, your money, and all that you have?” Until all that you have belongs to Him, you are not yet a true worshiper.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that you cause my love to increase and abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgement, even as I offer my mind, my heart, my body, my strength, my money, and all that I have to you for your praise and glory in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
2 Corinthians 5:14-15, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

Doing the Word
Glorify God with your whole being and possessions.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION