Friday 28 February 2014

The necessity of spiritual growth.

“And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.”
Acts 20:32(KJV)

Our opening scripture lets us know that when the Word builds you up, then it gives you an inheritance. This means that you cannot access your spiritual inheritance without spiritual maturity.

I want you today to ask the Lord to stir up in you a genuine hunger for the Word of God in your life. Such hunger for the Word that will drive you to study your Bible consistently. I want you to know that the deposits of the Word that you are putting in your spirit consistently will definitely rise to dominate your heart and your mind until the character of Christ is completely formed in you.
 
Therefore, I encourage you to get a disk man or a device you can use to listen to messages whenever you want and wherever you are throughout the day. Flooding your heart with the Word of God this way will keep you in health, because it will develop your spirit man and make you strong. Listening to the Word consistently will also help to renew your mind, helping you to think rightly, speak rightly and to live godly.

Jesus said in John 8:31-32, “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Therefore, the proof that you are a disciple of Jesus is to continue in His Word, when you continue in His Word, you will know the truth, when you know the truth, you will not need to struggle to be free because that truth you know will make you free.

Prayer.
Dear Father I thank you because the Word of your grace is building me up, and as I continue in your Word, my inheritance in Christ is revealed to me, and I am established in the truth, which eliminates all struggles and weaknesses from my life in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read
Psalm 119:45, 2 Timothy 2:25-26, Hebrews 13:9.

Doing the Word
Let your spiritual development be your priority.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION