Sunday 16 March 2014

Pray with Confidence

“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:”
1 John 5:14(KJV)


Our opening scripture lets us know that we should pray with confidence because we know we are dealing with God; He is the all powerful One(Ephesians 6:10). Therefore, when you pray, your prayer doesn't work because of how powerful your prayer is, your prayer works because of how powerful your God is. This is because, the reason why it worked is because it touched God.

So, whenever you pray don't pray like the heathen the Bible talks about in Matthew 6:7 who think that they shall be heard because of their much speaking. No, when you pray, pray to your Father knowing that He wants to hear and answer your prayer.

The Bible says in Jeremiah 29:11-12, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.”

The Lord Jesus functioned with this understanding and confidence when He prayed on earth. When He stood before the grave of Lazarus in John 11:41-42, He said, “…Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: …” That is the same understanding and confidence we ought to exude when we pray to the Father.

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you for I know that you have heard me because you hear me always, therefore in the name of Jesus, I thank you for you give unto me wisdom and an understanding heart to do your will, working in me that which is well pleasing in your sight in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Jeremiah 29:12, Jeremiah 33:3, Matthew 7:7-11,
Matthew 21:22, John 14:13, 1 John 3:22.

DOING THE WORD
Be confident and know that you receive whatever you ask of the Father when you ask.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION