Sunday 16 March 2014

Pray to the father 2

“These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father,…” John 17:1(KJV)

Our opening scripture is the beginning of the most detailed prayer of Jesus recorded in the Bible, and you will observe that He followed the protocols He taught His disciples in prayer. He began by saying, Father,… This shows us that Jesus was always conscious of His relationship with His Father.

In Matthew 26:39, the Bible shows us that Jesus directed His prayer to the Father, “And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father,…” Again in Mark 14:35-36, the Bible says, “And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, Abba, Father,…”

When Jesus stood before the tomb of Lazarus, at the time when there was such a great demand on Him, the Bible records in John 11:41, “…And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.” He always called God, Father when He prayed because He was conscious of His relationship with His Father.

Personally, I have noticed that men who relate to God as Father, or Daddy, are men who walk in great power. So when I listen to you pray as a Christian, I will like to hear how you address God, because it reveals the quality of your relationship with Him. So do you say “O God” when you pray, or you call Him “Father.” It all depends on the quality of your relationship with Him. Jesus teaches us to address God as 'Father' when we pray. (See Luke 11:2) Always see prayer as a conversation between a loving Father and His child.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for revealing these truths to me. I ask that as I practice these teachings, may I experience a visible increase in the manifestation of your power and love in my life in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Psalm 89:26, Romans 8:15, John 20:17, John 17:5,11,25,
2 Corinthians 6:18, Galatians 4:6.

DOING THE WORD
Always call God Father.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION