Thursday 27 March 2014

Prayer aids ministry success.

“He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.”
1 John 2:6(KJV)


Our opening scripture shows us that we ought to follow the example of Jesus Christ. When He walked this earth, He lived as a man of prayer, and He also fasted. Therefore, if we abide in Him, we ought to be men and women of prayer, and we ought to fast too. (Matthew 4:1-2)

I remember the story of a man of God, who got to the first phase of his ministry almost after thirty years or more in ministry. As I wondered why, I noticed that his ministry doesn't really emphasize prayer.

Prayer is an important principle that increases the speed of our work in the ministry. This was why Paul the Apostle told the Thessalonian Church in 2 Thessalonian 3:1(ESV), “Finally brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, …”

This shows us that the speed of our work is determined by the quality of our prayer for the work. This is why when you read throughout the epistles, you will notice that the Apostle Paul always solicited for the prayers of the Church for the work, because he knew that prayer gives speed to the work of the ministry.

At the same time we see that Paul the Apostle was also a man of prayer because he said in 1 Corinthians 14:18, “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:” This tells us why he became one of the most successful Apostles that ever lived. It is obvious that one of his secrets was prayer.

PRAYER
Dear Father I ask that you pour upon me the Spirit of prayer and supplication, and I ask that may the compassion of Christ flow through me today and always, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
1 Thessalonians 5:25, Romans 15:30, Philemon 1:22

DOING THE WORD
Pray for increased impact in the work of the ministry and the gospel today.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION