Sunday 23 December 2012

The Rebirth.


“Therefore, if anyone [is] in Christ, [he is] a new creation; the old [things] passed away, look!, all [things] have become new.”          
2 Corinthians 5:17(ALT)

Our opening scripture shows us the revelation of the New Birth. It is the actual rebirth of the human spirit. We become new creatures without a past, because the old has passed away and all things have become new.

1 Peter 1:23 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” So, being born again is being born of God by the action of the word upon the man's spirit by the power of the Holy Spirit. A born again person is truly of divine origin. He is an offspring of God. The Bible says in 1 John 5:1, “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: …”

Just as Jesus Christ was a child of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18), we also are born of the Spirit. John 3:5-7 says, “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”

If you are not born again, you can get born again right now and become a new creation in Christ free from all your past sins and the sin nature. All you need to do is to receive the salvation gift which Jesus Christ offers to you today.

The Bible says in Romans 10:9-10, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

If you believe in your heart the Lord Jesus and you want to make Him your Lord and personal Saviour today please pray this prayer, “O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal savior. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit even now. Amen.”


For further study read:
Acts 2:21, John 1:12-13, Romans 10:9-13, 1 Peter 1:23.

DOING THE WORD
Now that you are born again, you are a child of God and the ability of God is in you to live the Christian life.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION