Monday 24 December 2012

Do you believe?


“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life …”      John 3:36(KJV)

From our opening scripture, it is evident to us that believing is the key to receiving from God.

Romans 10:11-14 says, “For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”

This is why this devotional has come to you with God's 'Now Word' for your salvation, and if you will would only believe you will be able to receive and take a hold of all that God has in store for you in Christ Jesus.

Believing in Christ Jesus sets you free from all condemnation (John 3:18, John 5:24). The blessing of believing in Jesus is enormous. In Mark 9:23, “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Your believing is what determines if you will get answers to your prayers or not. Jesus said in Matthew 21:22, “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” So, the man who does not believe would not receive.

If you believe, you will do the works that Jesus did and even greater. Jesus said in John 14:12, “Verily ,verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”
We receive remission of our sins because we believe. Acts 10:43 says, “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” We are justified by believing in Jesus. Romans 3:26 says, “To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.”

Therefore from the above, we see that believing is required to receive from God. In view of this, we ought to maintain our believing in Christ. Hebrews 11:6 says, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”    
 
CONFESSION
I am a believer and not a doubter. I believe that God is who He says He is, I believe that God can do what He says He can do and I believe that God will do what He says He will do. I am what God says I am, I have what God says I have and I can do what God says I can do.

For further study read:
John 6:40, John 20:31, 1 Peter 2:6, Mark 11:23-24,
Mark 16:17-18, Acts 13:38-39, Romans 4:5.

DOING THE WORD
Always confess and act on what you believe in the word of God.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION