Friday 7 December 2012

Your new identity in Christ 1.


“And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.”
2 Corinthians 5:15-16(KJV)

From our opening scripture, you can see that identifying with Christ brings you to a newness of life, where we live not for ourselves any more, but for Him who died and rose again for us. For that reason, we do not just see ourselves from a human point of view, but we now see and judge ourselves based on our new identity in Christ.

In the same way, we do not see Jesus from a human point of view anymore, as someone that was just born from a physical decent, no. We see Him for who He really is, as Lord and Christ. The Bible speaking about Jesus in Luke 2:11 says, “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” This lets us know that Jesus is the Saviour, Christ the Lord. That means that Jesus is not an angel, He is the Son of God in truth.

Now, in view of the above truth of our new identity and also knowing Christ for who He really is, 2 Corinthians 5:17, says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” So, if you are going to really experience the reality of the new creation life in your conduct and behavior, you must know Christ by His divine origin and not just from a human point of view.

This is because having a true understanding of who Christ really is, will help you to understand and better appreciate who you have become (your new identity) in Christ.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I pray that you will help me to live and express my new identity in Christ. I receive grace to live my life according to the truth of your word in Galatians 2:20, which says that, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” In Jesus Name. Amen.  

For further study read: 
Galatians 5:24, Galatians 6:14, Romans 6:4-6, Romans 6:8-14,  Colossians 3:3-4.

DOING THE WORD
You also must regard yourselves as dead in relation to sin, but as alive in relation to God, because you are in Christ Jesus.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION