Thursday 20 December 2012

You have life and light in Christ 2.


“To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
Acts 26:18(KJV)  

At the new birth; when a person gets born again, that is when your spiritual eyes are open. That is when the life of God that enlightens a man's spirit comes in. The Lord Jesus said in John 9:39, “…For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see …”

When you begin to see as God wants you to see, in line with His word, the mundane things of this world that use to be important to you now becomes absolute nonsense.

Paul the Apostle in Philippians 3:7-9 says, “But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”

Any man that has not received Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is still in darkness whether He knows it or not. He may even be educated or may even be zealous and religious like Saul before he received salvation (Galatians 1:13-16). Until you receive Christ as Lord and Saviour, you are not saved neither are you enlightened as far as God is concerned. Such a person is still in darkness until now.

The Bible testifying about Jesus in John 1:9-12 says, “That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”    

Jesus Christ is the only true light. Every other lights, christs or religion outside of Jesus Christ is false. 1 John 4:1-3 says, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”

PRAYER
I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, and I believe that He is the true Light and that He came in the flesh to save me by His life. Now, I have the light of life because I have received the life of God into my spirit. That life has brought enlightenment to my mind and vitality to my mortal body by His Spirit that lives in me. Amen.

For further study read: 
John 12:46, John 14:6, 1 John 2:8.

DOING THE WORD
Please pray using  Ephesians 1:17 for yourself.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION