Friday 20 November 2015

Honour God 1


Honour God 1. “A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.” Malachi 1:6-7 Our opening scripture shows us that one of the ways we express our honour for the Lord is in our giving. Do not be like one of those who look for the least amount they have whenever they want to give to God. They are never moved to give God their best. But God is saying in our opening scripture, “… if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear?” In John 8:29, Jesus said, “…the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.” This shows us that Jesus honoured the Father. Jesus honoured the Father so much that He was willing to give His life so that we can be saved. Do you honour the Father? It would be expressed in your giving.

David was described as a man after God's heart. This was what he said one time he had an opportunity to offer a sacrifice to God in 2 Samuel 24:24(GNB), “… I will not offer to the LORD my God sacrifices that have cost me nothing." And he bought the threshing place and the oxen for fifty pieces of silver.” When David offered this sacrifice, it activated favour and God heard his prayers. See 2 Samuel 24:25.

Instruction.
I challenge you to make a commitment to God not to offer sacrifices that cost you nothing, just like David.

For further study read:
Deuteronomy 17:1, 1 Chronicles 29:1-21,            Malachi 1:11-14, Malachi 3:8-12.

Doing the Word:
Honour God in your giving.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION