Monday 16 November 2015

The doctrine of righteousness 1

The doctrine of righteousness 1.

“THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, …”
Romans 5:1(AMP)

Today, I want you to know, according to our opening scripture, that if you are born again, it means that you have been acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God.

In the New Testament, it is on four counts that we are made righteous. Today, I am going to show you two. The first count of righteousness states that we become righteous by faith in Jesus Christ. Galatians 2:16(BBE) says, “Being conscious that a man does not get righteousness by the works of the law, but through faith in Jesus Christ, we had faith in Christ Jesus, so that we might get righteousness by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: because by the works of the law will no flesh get righteousness.”

The second count of righteousness states that because we believe in Jesus Christ, righteousness has become our covering. Isaiah 61:10(BBE) says, “I will be full of joy in the Lord, my soul will be glad in my God; for he has put on me the clothing of salvation, covering me with the robe of righteousness, as the husband puts on a fair head-dress, and the bride makes herself beautiful with jewels.” This righteousness has been put upon us according to Romans 3:22, “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:”

Confession:
I declare that I have received abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness; therefore I reign in life by Jesus Christ my Lord.

For further study, read:
Galatians 5:4-5, Romans 3:23-28, Romans 4:1-8.


Doing the Word:
Thank the Father for the gift of righteousness.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION