Friday 7 October 2016

Children in Christ


Friday, October  7th
Children in Christ.

“When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a

child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put

away childish things.”
1 Corinthians 13:11

Another phase in the process of spiritual growth is the

childhood phase. The word ‘child’ in our opening scripture

is from the Greek word 'nepios' which means childish in

thinking. Children are without mental and emotional

maturity. One of the ways to identify spiritual children is

in their speech; the way they talk, the way they reason or

their level of understanding and the way they think.

Other examples of childish things can be found in 1 John

2:12 which says, “I write unto you, little children, because

your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.” This means

that sins are childish things. Therefore, the little

children are written to, to let them know that their sins

are forgiven. If you are still struggling with sin, it is

evident that you are a child spiritually.

who have the Spirit; I had to talk to you as though you

belonged to this world, as children in the Christian faith.

I had to feed you milk, not solid food, because you were not

ready for it. And even now you are not ready for it, because

you still live as the people of this world live. When there

is jealousy among you and you quarrel with one another,

doesn't this prove that you belong to this world, living by

its standards?”

Instruction.
Read Galatians 4:19 and pray that Christ be formed in you.

For further study, read:
1 Corinthians 14:20, Galatians 4:1, 1 John 2:1-2.

Doing the Word
Put away childish things; jealousy, quarrelling and the

works of the flesh.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3(GNB) say, “As a matter of fact, my

friends, I could not talk to you as I talk to people

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION