Monday 17 October 2016

Clues for personal study

Monday, October 17th
Clues for personal study.


“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
 2 Timothy 2:15

One of the clues to know specifically what subject you should study in your personal Bible study for your spiritual growth is your current challenge. What challenges are you having currently? Are you having challenges in your finances? Are you having challenges in your marriage? Whatever area of your life you are having a challenge, turn it into a project and begin to study about it from the Bible. As you find those answers for yourself and begin to practice them, it will cause you to grow spiritually.

If you are going through a lot of spiritual challenges, I will encourage you to do a study on the life of Job. During my study on Job, I discovered that Job's problem was his mouth; he consistently blamed God for his problems. When God showed up to finally answer Job, one of the first things he said was, “Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?” Job 38:2. When God revealed Himself to Job, he discovered that he never knew God so he repented immediately for speaking unadvisedly against God in Job 42:2-6(GNB), “I know, LORD, that you are all-powerful; that you can do everything you want. You ask how I dare question your wisdom when I am so very ignorant. I talked about things I did not understand, about marvels too great for me to know. You told me to listen while you spoke and to try to answer your questions. In the past I knew only what others had told me, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. So I am ashamed of all I have said and repent in dust and ashes.”

Instruction.
List out the areas of your life where you are having challenges, take the first one and begin a study on it from the Bible and other relevant Christian materials.

For further study, read:
John 6:27, Philippians 2:12, Hebrews 4:11-12.

Doing the Word.
Instead of complaining to God, increase your knowledge of the Word of God in the areas where you are having challenges because your answers are right there.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION