Saturday 1 October 2016

Grow spiritually

Saturday, October 1st
Grow spiritually.

“But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
2 Peter 3:18

In this special edition of 'A Word in due season' we will be looking at something very important. We will be examining the subject ‘the dynamics of spiritual growth’. Dynamics refers to a pattern of a process of change, growth or activity. Spiritual growth is the development and cultivation of the human spirit through the Word of God and other spiritual exercises.

Man is not a body. The Bible shows us that man is a spirit. Man is a spirit, he has soul and he lives in a body as seen in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

So many people are only conscious of their bodies so they give all their attention to the development of their bodies to the detriment of their spirit. It ought not to be so. I want you to know that you have a responsibility to grow spiritually. The process of spiritual growth is activated from the day you get born again; from then on you must continue to feed your spirit strong with the Word of God. 1 Peter 2:2(GW) says, “Desire God's pure word as newborn babies desire milk. Then you will grow in your salvation.”

In this month's devotional, God's pure Word will be coming to you that will help you grow in your salvation. Therefore if you are not born again and you are reading this devotional today, I encourage you to pray the prayer of salvation below for a fresh start and to begin the process of spiritual growth in your life.

Prayer of Salvation.
“O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe He is the Son of God. I believe with all my heart that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I believe that You raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day for my justification. With my mouth I confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord, I take Him as my personal Saviour. By my faith in the blood of Jesus, I believe I receive the washing away of all my sins. By my faith in the Name of Jesus, I believe I receive eternal life into my spirit. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person from this day forward. Amen.”

For further study, read:
1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Philippians 1:6, Jude 1:24-25.

Doing the Word
Give the Father thanks for your salvation and decide to prioritize your spiritual growth this month.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION