Thursday 13 October 2016

Nourish your spirit

Thursday, October 13th
Nourish your spirit.

“Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.”
John 6:27

Just as eating physical food nourishes your physical body, the Word of God nourishes your spirit. Therefore you feed your spirit with the Word of God. So whenever you stay away from feeding your spirit with the Word of God, you are actually starving your spirit.

The reason why a lot of people are crippled morally is because they lack moral strength. Moral strength is gotten from time spent in fellowship with the Word of God. Psalm 119:7,9 and 11 say, “I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” It is the Word of God that gives moral strength.

It is the Word of God that will change you; therefore you must consciously train yourself to meditate on the Word of God continuously in your heart.

Psalm 119:97 says, “O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.” As you stay your heart on the Word of God through meditation continuously, you are training your heart to hate evil and to love the Word of God. Psalm 119:113 says, “I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.”


Confession.
In the Name of Jesus, I declare that the Word of God is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path. The Word of God gives life to me and health to my flesh. How sweet are your Words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Therefore, I love your Word above gold, much more than fine gold. Amen.


For further study, read:
Psalm 119:97-103, Job 23:12, Jeremiah 15:16.

Doing the Word.
Meditate on the Word of God; day and night.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION