Sunday 16 October 2016

Do you lie?

Sunday, October 16th
Do you lie?

“A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.” Proverbs 15:4

If you know you have issues with lying or any other bad habit as a Christian and you want to come out of it, I recommend that you get a Bible concordance and search for all the scriptures in the Bible that has to do with that issue and study the consequences.

For example, one of the consequences of lying is that it will cause a breach in your spirit. Therefore if you are a person that lies often, you will fall sick often. You will not be strong. When I was in the university, I had a course mate that lied a lot and he was always sick. One day, I said to him, “It is obvious why you are always sick.” He asked to know why I said so, and I quoted Proverbs 15:4 in our opening scripture for him.

Lying will break your spirit. When your spirit is broken, it weakens your immunity. The Bible says in Proverbs 18:14(GW), “A person's spirit can endure sickness, but who can bear a broken spirit?” So it is obvious that it is your spiritual condition that determines your health. Therefore whenever you lie, you are opening your spiritual walls for problems and sicknesses.

You cannot find a healthy person who lies constantly. There must be something wrong with that person's body. You can be treated or prayed for so your health is restored, but as long as you continue to lie again you will break your spirit and you will be sick again. Choose to live healthy, choose to speak the truth always it will make your spiritual growth effective.


Prayer.
Dear Father, I repent from every form of perverseness in speech and conduct. I receive grace to do right and to speak the truth always without the fear of man. May the Spirit of the fear of the Lord mantle my heart as I submit my heart to living and dealing truly always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Ephesians 4:25, Colossians 3:9, Revelations 21:8.

Doing the Word.
Tell the truth.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION