Sunday 29 October 2017

Change By The Word.

“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul:…”
Psalm 19:7


I remember, before I became born again at seventeen, I had two friends who lived very close to my house. From time to time, my friends and I would come together and decide that we were  born again. We would agree that we’d no longer attend worldly parties any more, and then we would  all go back to our houses.

By Friday, after we have ‘tried to be born again’ for a period of time, and information got to us that there was going to be a party on Saturday in one of the most popular joints at that time known as Farm kitchen, very close to the estate where we lived in Warri, we would unconsciously begin to plan to attend.

On one of such Saturdays, I left my house for the party in Farm Kitchen without informing any of those  two friends of mine who agreed together with me to be born again. On getting there, I discovered that those two friends of mine have also come to attend the party without my knowledge. When we met ourselves there, we began to say to each other, “I thought you are born again.” So, right there, we agreed again that, that will be the last party we were going to attend; but it was not the last. We continued that way until I heard the gospel, believed it and finally made Jesus the Lord of my life.

All my struggles ended since the day I accepted Christ as my Lord and personal Saviour, which today is over twenty years ago. God's Word has completely transformed my life because I gave the Word of God the required attention. You too can be transformed by the Word. All you need to do is to get born again if you are not, and then give the Word of God the rightful place in your life, and you will be conformed to the image of the Son of God.

Prayer.
 Dear Father, I thank You because Your Word is producing in me what it talks about, and daily transforming me into the image of Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Romans 10:1-13, 2 Corinthians 6:2, Acts 3:19.

Doing the Word.
If you are not born again, please pray the prayer of salvation.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION