Wednesday 25 October 2017

Cultivate The Right Heart.

“…Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”                                   1 Samuel 15:22

Character is not revealed when there is a demand for your obedience. True character is revealed when obedience is a choice. For example, if I should give you an instruction, you would likely obey because I am a Pastor. But if someone you are not familiar with gives you the same instruction, you have a choice to obey or not. Obedience at that point becomes a choice, and that is where you reveal the quality of your character.

Cultivate a heart of obedience and true reverence for God. That is when you are going to be able to see the same kind of miracles that Jesus did being perpetuated in your own life. When Jesus walked this earth as a man, He was able to see such miracles and manifestations of the supernatural because, His complete satisfaction and passion was to obey the Father, and to do the will of the Father even when it was inconvenient.

Jesus said in John 4:34(WNT), “"My food," said Jesus, "is to be obedient to Him who sent me, and fully to accomplish His work.” Jesus said again in John 6:38(CEV), “I didn't come from heaven to do what I want! I came to do what the Father wants me to do. He sent me,”

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you for you are at work in me, both to will and to do of your good pleasure, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
John 5:30, Psalm 40:7-8, Philippians 2:7-8.

Doing the Word.
Let doing the will of God be your obsession.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION