Tuesday 31 October 2017

Increase Your Effectiveness.

“Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.” Acts 6:3

From our opening scripture, we see the apostles preparing to delegate to new leaders. Why is it important for us to delegate as leaders? Delegating to the right persons, who possess the right requirements for the business, will, in turn, increase your leadership effectiveness and productivity.

Leaders who do not delegate appropriately when it is required as a result of growth, will experience lots of stress, and they will later become ineffective as leaders. I remember reading a book where it was said that the heart of a 35 years old Pastor was tested and it was like the heart of a man who was over 70 years of age. So, if you do not want that to happen to you, learn the value of raising leaders now, so that you can delegate to them when the need  arises.

When you read the book of Numbers 11:14-15(CEV), Moses cried out to God saying, “This job is too much for me. How can I take care of all these people by myself? If this is the way you're going to treat me, just kill me now and end my miserable life!” Do you know what God said when he replied Moses? God instructed him to delegate, in Numbers 11:16-17, “And the LORD said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee.

And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.” Remember that you cannot do it alone; you need the input of others.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank You for I know that You love me. I thank You for I know that you have put the right people on my path, to help me at the right place and at the right time. Also help me to be a source of encouragement and support to others, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: Exodus 18:25-26, Deuteronomy 1:9-18, Luke 10:1-21. 

Doing the Word.
As a leader, look for areas that have been a burden, and let God guide you on how and to whom you should delegate.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION