Wednesday 1 November 2017

Be Born Again

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” 
1 Peter 1:23

Being born again is more than a conversion. It is the actual rebirth of the human spirit. This means that the day an individual gets born again, his or her spirit is infused with the divine life of God. He or she becomes a partaker of the divine nature, having the same quality of life in the same way God has it.

In this month's devotional, we are going to be studying this eternal life we received into our spirit at the new birth. Why is this important? It is important because, until you understand what happened to you in your spirit the day you got born again, you will live like an ordinary person.

Jesus said in John 3:3, “… Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Therefore, if you are not born again, I encourage you to harken to the command of the Lord Jesus today to be born again. This is important because being born again is not referring to your natural birth, neither do you need to enter a second time into your mother's womb like Nicodemus thought (See John 3:4). To be born again, you must consciously believe with your heart and confess the Lordship of Jesus with your mouth; then you shall be saved (See Romans 10:9-10). I encourage you to do same today by praying the prayer of salvation below:

Prayer of salvation.
O God, I come to you today. I admit I am a sinner and have committed sins, but I believe with all my heart that you sent Jesus to die for my sins. I believe that His death paid for all my sins. I believe He was buried for me and He was raised from the dead on the third day for my justification. I confess that Jesus is Lord over my life and I take Him as my Lord and personal Saviour. I declare that I am saved. I am born again from this day forward. I have received eternal life into my spirit.
Amen.

For further study, read:
John 3:14-18, 36; John 5:24; John 6:40, 47;
1 John 5:12-13, 20.

Doing the Word
Give the Lord thanks for the gift of eternal life.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION