Sunday 12 November 2017

Greater Love

“This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” 
John 15:12-13

The greatest proof of love is self-sacrifice. You do not truly love anyone until you get to the point where you are willing to die for them. It could be the love of a husband for his wife or the love of a wife for her husband; what determines the depth of their love is how far they are willing to go in sacrificing themselves for each other.

You may have felt worthless because of all the evil you did and all the mistakes you made in the past. I want you to know that Jesus died for every one of us and paid for all our sins as a proof of God's great love for us. That means, in the presence of God we all have equal value because the same price was paid for us all.

Do not think of God's love like the love of a man. Human love is limited and God does not love like men. There are certain things you could do to a human being and they could get to a point where they become fed up with you and may not be able to tolerate you anymore; but God is not that way. He never gets tired of loving you and He keeps giving you an open door to come back into His embrace.

God Himself gives you an invitation to come to Him in Isaiah 1:18, “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” That's how much He loves you.


Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank You with all my heart, truly appreciating Your everlasting love for me. In spite of all my mistakes and wrong doing, You sent Jesus to die for me and to pay for all my sins. You gave me a new life and a new identity in You. You made me accepted in the Beloved and made me the object of Your love, always forgiving me from all my short comings. Thank You Father for loving me so dearly. I receive grace to live above all weaknesses, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
John 10:11,15, Romans 5:6-8, Ephesians 5:2.

Doing the Word.
If you need grace for any area of your life, ask your loving Father boldly and receive.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION