Monday 6 November 2017

You Are More Than A Body

“Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.”  
Job 10:11-12 

Our opening scripture today clearly shows us that the body and the spirit are separate. So, it is important you understand that you are more than flesh and blood. You are a spirit being.

James 2:26 says, “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” The Amplified Bible puts it this way, “For as the human body apart from the spirit is lifeless, so faith apart from [its] works of obedience is also dead.” The Message Bible says, “The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.…”

The scripture above makes it evident that the spirit animates the body. In other words, the spirit gives life to the body. When an individual dies, it is said that he gave up the ghost; that means, he allowed the spirit go. The spirit without the body is a ghost and the body without the spirit is a corpse.

In Luke 24:39(MSG) when Jesus was trying to convince his disciples that it was really Him they were seeing after His resurrection and not a ghost, He said to them, “Look at my hands; look at my feet--it's really me. Touch me. Look me over from head to toe. A ghost doesn't have muscle and bone like this."”

It is important you have an understanding of these things so you would have the consciousness that you are a spirit being living in a body. This consciousness is what will begin to help you understand how to live life in the spirit. Romans 8:8-9 say, “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

Confession.
In the Name of Jesus I declare that I am the temple of the Holy Ghost who lives in me. I have been bought with a price; therefore I glorify God in my body and spirit, which are God's.

For further study, read: 
John 3:3-6, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Romans 8:1-6.

Doing the Word
Meditate on 1 Corinthians 3:16, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION