Friday 20 April 2018

Do You Tithe?

A WORD IN DUE SEASON

Friday, April 20th, 2018

Do You Tithe?

“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.”
Malachi 3:10-12

Giving your tithe facilitates the favour of God in your life. Tithing is an expression of our honour and trust in God as our source.
Abraham was the first person who tithed in the Bible showing us that tithing pre-existed the law.
“And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven
and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself. And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:” Genesis 14:18-23.

Through tithing, we are able to acknowledge God as our source and only resource.

Prayer.
Dear Father, as I tithe, I declare that the windows of heaven are open over me, my household and all I lay my hands to do. You pour out upon me a blessing that I will not have room enough to receive. I rebuke every form of devourer concerning my business, my body and alI that concerns me. I am blessed, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Deuteronomy 28:12, Malachi 1:6-9, Malachi 3:8.

Doing the Word
Express your honour and acknowledgement of God as your source by tithing.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION