Tuesday 16 July 2019

A WORD IN DUE SEASON (TUESDAY 16th 2019)



Serve God With Your Spirit And Mind

“For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son …”
Romans 1:9.

Our opening scripture reveals that we serve God with our spirit. Let all you do for God come from your spirit, in other words let your heart be in it otherwise such service is not accepted by God.

In Matthew 15:7-9, Jesus spoke with displeasure concerning worship that does not come from the heart saying, “Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

Secondly, we serve God with our mind. Paul said in Romans 7:25, “I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.” Get your mind renewed and aligned with the scriptures by so doing you are serving God with your mind. You must realize that what you are thinking in your mind is part of worship because worship is more than an act, it is a life style.

The question I will like to ask you is this; “What are your predominant thoughts?” Are your thoughts exalting Christ or dethroning Him? I encourage you to meditate on the Word of God and let your mind be full of it because meditation is the key to transformation. It empowers you to do the Word of God. The mind plays a very important role in morality because the content of a man's mind is what determines his character. Therefore, I encourage you to load your mind with the Word of God.

Instruction.
Read Ephesians 1:17-19 and pray the prayer for yourself.

For further study, read:
Joshua 1:8, Proverbs 23:7a, Romans 8:5-9,
Romans 12:1-2.

Doing the Word
Meditate on Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION