Friday 21 February 2020

Follow Biblical Counsel 2



“Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers
over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land

of Egypt in the seven plenteous years.”
Genesis 41:34.

Our opening scripture is the counsel given
by Joseph to Pharaoh. Therefore as a
Christian, you must see to it that before you 
apply any counsel to your life, you must study
it to know where that idea and concept is from. 
If it contradicts what the Word of God teaches 
then throw it away.

For instance, I learnt the principle of savings from
the Bible and I taught that one of the things I have
discovered is that if you save 20% of your income
regularly, you will never have a money problem.
When I was teaching it many years ago, there were
those who looked at me wondering what I was
talking about but today it is speaking.

That is one of the principles we also practice as a
ministry that have made people wonder how we
are able to do what we do. A lot of people ask me,
“How do you do it?” It's simple, I learnt it from 
Joseph. That was what made Egypt a world power
in Bible days. They practiced the principle of saving
one-fifth of their produce. That was how I learnt it,
20% savings.

The Bible says in Proverbs 21:20 (TLB), “The wise
man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends
whatever he gets.” So how do I know am a fool? If I
am always spending everything. That is the
difference between a wise person and a foolish
person. The fool spends it all. Hence, saving is an
evidence of wisdom. So make up your mind, no
matter how small you're willing to start with, even
if it is 10%, start from there and be consistent and
keep on growing.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You grant unto me
wisdom and prudence in handling all financial
matters, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Proverbs 6:6-8, Proverbs 10:5, Proverbs 30:25.

Doing the Word
Consistently save a certain percentage of your
income.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
         +2348951204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION