Thursday 12 September 2013

Be strong in the Lord

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” Ephesians 6:10(KJV)  

The word 'strong' in our opening scripture is from the Greek word, 'endunamoo;' it means to be empowered, to be enabled or to be strengthened. In other words, the Bible is saying to us, be empowered, enabled and strengthened in the Lord.

The Word 'power' in our opening scripture is from the Greek word 'kratos' which means,  vigor, dominion and force of His might.

I want you to know that the strength that gives us victory in spiritual warfare does not come from you. You have to be empowered in the Lord and in the dominion of His might. This means that we receive our ability from Christ.

When most Christians want to engage in spiritual warfare, they look at how strong they are in themselves. Not so, the Bible instructs you to be strong in the Lord.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9, the Bible says, “… My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness…” The word 'sufficient' in the verse we just read suggests the idea of 'raising a barrier'. In other words, God's grace 'wards off' for you. That means that God's grace is a defense for you. Therefore I want you to know today that God's grace would raise a barrier against every messenger of satan that comes against you in Jesus Name.

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you because your grace is sufficient for me and your strength is made perfect in me over every weakness. I thank you because I am empowered and strengthened with all might according to the riches of your glory by your Spirit in my inward man in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Deuteronomy 20:3-4, Philippians 4:13, 2 Timothy 2:1.

DOING THE WORD
Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION