Friday 3 April 2015

Don't envy the wicked.

"For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked."

Psalm 73:3

The Psalmist in our opening scripture became envious when he saw the prosperity of the wicked. Are you like that? Do you envy the prosperity of the wicked? Does it bother you to know that the ungodly are cheating and living in sin, yet they seem to be prospering in their wickedness? That was the dilemma in which the Psalmist found himself when he saw the prosperity of the wicked. You will see this in Psalm 73:13-20(GNB), "Is it for nothing, then, that I have kept myself pure and have not committed sin? O God, you have made me suffer all day long; every morning you have punished me. If I had said such things, I would not be acting as one of your people. I tried to think this problem through, but it was too difficult for me until I went into your Temple. Then I understood what will happen to the wicked. You will put them in slippery places and make them fall to destruction! They are instantly destroyed; they go down to a horrible end. They are like a dream that goes away in the morning; when you rouse yourself, O Lord, they disappear."

The wicked will never end well. That is why I never envy the wicked no matter how high they rise or how Don't envy the wicked.

Prayer.

Dear Father, today I renew my commitment to remain steadfast in walking righteously and in integrity in every area of my life including my finances in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Exodus 23:2, Job 21:30, Psalm 37:37-38.

Doing the Word

Don't envy the wicked, they shall not go unpunished.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION