Saturday 11 April 2015

Obey God


"Stay here in this land and I'll be with you and bless you…"

Genesis 26:3(MSG)

Our opening scripture was the instruction that God gave to Isaac. He wanted to move out of Gerar because of the famine in the land, but God told him to stay in Gerar. This is because when you are where God wants you to be, blessings are inevitable.

God also spoke to Isaac saying in Genesis 26:3-5(MSG), "… I'm giving you and your children all these lands, fulfilling the oath that I swore to your father Abraham. I'll make your descendants as many as the stars in the sky and give them all these lands. All the nations of the Earth will get a blessing for themselves through your descendants. And why? Because Abraham obeyed my summons and kept my charge--my commands, my guidelines, my teachings."" I want you to notice why God said He was going to do all the things He said He would do for Isaac and his descendants: "Because Abraham obeyed my summons and kept my charge--my commands, my guidelines, my teachings." This teaches us that obedience has transgenerational impact.

Genesis 26:24(AMP) says, "And the Lord appeared to him the same night and said, I am the God of Abraham your father. Fear not, for I am with you and will favor you with blessings and multiply your descendants for the sake of My servant Abraham."

Therefore, one of the reasons you should obey divine instructions is not just because of you, but because of your children. Your obedience today can determine the favour your children will enjoy tomorrow. It pays to obey God.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you because your grace is sufficient for me both to will and to do of all your good pleasure in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Deuteronomy 30:19-20, Psalm 119:30,

Jeremiah 32:38-39.

Doing the Word

Obey divine instructions. That may determine the favour your children will enjoy tomorrow.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION