Monday 20 April 2015

The truth about prosperity



"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."          

John 8:31-32

From our opening scripture today, you will notice that lasting freedom is founded on truth. Whether it is financial or spiritual freedom, it has to be established on truth.

What is truth? Jesus said in John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." This means that truth is the Word of God. Therefore, it is the truth of the Word of God you know that sets you free.

Knowledge is the key to liberty. Isaiah 5:13 says, "Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge …" This means that ignorance is bondage. Hosea 4:6 says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: …"

There are people who believe that God wants them to be poor. That wrong belief has entered into their sub conscious. Therefore, they think poor, talk poor and remain in poverty all their lives. Yet the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 8:9, "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich." That is truth in the Word of God. That is the knowledge that breaks the hold of poverty off your life.

Do not frustrate the grace of God. Jesus did not become poor so that you will remain poor. According to the Bible, He became poor for your sake, so that through His poverty you might become rich. To be poor here means to be indigent, beggarly or destitute. To be rich means to be wealthy and to increase with goods. In reality as a child of God, He has already made you rich in this life and He has abundantly supplied you with all good things. Meditate on this truth.



Prayer.

Dear Father, I receive your Word into my heart with meekness. I release my faith concerning your Word in 2 Corinthians 8:9. Jesus became poor for me, that I through His poverty might be rich. Therefore, every stronghold of poverty is broken from my mind. I embrace riches. My mind is open to abundance and increase in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Romans 8:32, 1 Corinthians 3:21-22, 2 Corinthians 6:10.

Doing the Word

Meditate on 2 Corinthians 8:9 until it transforms your mentality.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION