Wednesday 29 July 2015

How strong is your desire?

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." 

Jeremiah 29:13

Whatever you do must come from your heart as you seek the Lord. Seeking the Lord requires undivided focus. Also, the measure of focus you give to the Word of God that you hear determines how much the Word will impact your life. This means that what you get from seeking the Lord in prayer, study or fasting is determined by you, not God.

What you receive from God is not the full revelation of the generosity of God because you received according to your faith and He reveals Himself to you to the measure of the depth of your desire in seeking after Him. How strong is your desire? How passionate are you in your heart to know Him? That is how much of Him that will be revealed to you.

The Apostle Paul sought after God with all his heart. That was why he had such abundance of revelations given to him. He determined it by his hunger in seeking after God. He said, "[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]. Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own. I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal …" Philippians 3:10-14.

Instruction.

Pray the prayer in Ephesians 1:17 for yourself today with a fresh hunger to know Him.

For further study read:

Psalm 42:1, Psalm 63:8, Psalm 84:2, Hosea 6:3

Doing the Word

Press hard after God, especially, seeking to know him more intimately in prayer and the study of the Word.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION