Tuesday 28 July 2015

Prepare your heart

"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD."

2 Chronicles 12:14

Our opening scripture today shows us that morality is a reflection of your relationship with God. Rehoboam did evil because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord. He did not acknowledge the laws of God in his thoughts because he did not seek after the laws of God to know what God wanted him to do them.

Psalm 119:9-11(AMP) says, "How shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed and keeping watch [on himself] according to Your word [conforming his life to it]. With my whole heart have I sought You, inquiring for and of You and yearning for You; Oh, let me not wander or step aside [either in ignorance or willfully] from Your commandments. Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You."

In my service in the house of God till this day, both when I was just a leader and when I became a Pastor, I set my heart to seek the Lord in sincerity. I saw myself as a father to the younger ladies even when I was just a Pastor on campus surrounded by many beautiful ladies. Never did I take advantage of anyone of them.

This is because I had the Word hid in my heart and I had prepared my heart to seek the Lord. I was therefore scandal free.

You can also be that way if only you will prepare your heart to seek the Lord by laying up His Word in your heart today.

Prayer.

Dear Father, I thank you because your grace is at work in me both to will and to do of your good pleasure in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Ezra 7:10, Psalm 119:101-105, James 1:21-25, Psalm 37:31

Doing the Word

Constantly renew your mind by meditating on the Word of God.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION