Monday 6 July 2015

What do you want?




""And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you?"

Matthew 20:32

Today I want you to learn another important protocol in seeking the Lord. This protocol is focus. You must be specific concerning what you want from the Lord. For instance, some people set out to fast and pray without determining what they want that spiritual thirst after God to achieve in them.

Seek after God with a definite focus. If you do not decide on what you want, you will settle for what you get.

The question Jesus asked in our opening scripture was directed to a blind man. Jesus saw that the man was blind, yet He asked him, "What will ye that I shall do unto you?" This is because if you do not determine what you want, you settle for what you get.

Receiving from God requires total focus. Elijah spoke to Elisha saying, "… Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so." 2 Kings 2:9-10.

Therefore, I encourage you to decide your focus by determining what you want in your pursuit in spiritual things.

Instruction.

Ask the Lord for a definite encounter in your walk with Him this season.

For further study read:

Mark 11:22-24, James 1:5-7, Luke 11:9-13.

Doing the Word:

Ask in faith without doubting.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION