Monday 7 December 2015

Knowing Jesus as the Messiah or Saviour.

Knowing Jesus as the Messiah or Saviour.

Simon Peter spoke up, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Matthew 16:16(CEV)

The word 'Christ' also means Messiah. This is why our opening scripture from the Contemporary English Version reads, "You are the Messiah.” Jesus is the Messiah. The life and times of Jesus as the Messiah was prophesied long ago by the prophets.

In Acts 26:22-23(GNB), Paul speaking said, “What I say is the very same thing which the prophets and Moses said was going to happen: that the Messiah must suffer and be the first one to rise from death, to announce the light of salvation to the Jews and to the Gentiles."

From the scripture above, we see that Jesus came into the world as the Saviour of the world. Jesus came to announce the light of salvation to the Jews and the Gentiles alike. Therefore, I will like to ask you as you read this devotional today, “Have you accepted Jesus as your Saviour; the one who died for all your sins?” The Bible says to us in 1 Corinthians 15:3, “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”

Jesus the Messiah already died as payment for all your sins. This is because Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

If you have not yet accepted Jesus as your Messiah and Redeemer, all you need to do to accept Him and be saved is found in Romans 10:9-10, which say, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Prayer.
Thank you Father for sending Jesus to die for my sins and to save me from this present evil world. I believe with all my heart that Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day for my justification. I take Him as my Lord and Saviour. I believe I have received eternal life into my spirit in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
John 3:14-17,36;  John 6:40;  Romans 5:17,21.

Doing the Word:
As a child of God, live with the consciousness that you have eternal life in you. 1 John 5:11-13.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION