Saturday 12 December 2015

He purged our sins

He purged our sins.
“… the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
1 John 1:7

The only thing that can cleanse sin is the blood of Jesus Christ. The Bible reveals to us that on the cross Jesus purged us from our sins.

Hebrews 1:3 says, “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” According to the scriptures, because I believe in Jesus Christ, I can boldly declare that Jesus has purged me from all sins.

Hebrews 9:13-14 say, “For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”

I want you to know that when Jesus purged your sins, He also purged your conscience. So, from the moment you got born again not only were your sins washed away, you were also cleansed from the guilt of your past.

The man that is not born again has guilt in his heart because of his sins. That is why Jesus died: He died to purge our sins and our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. Therefore if you believe, all your past sins are completely wiped out or washed away from God's record concerning you because of the cleansing power of the blood of Jesus.

It is the blood of Jesus Christ that made Hebrews 8:12 possible. Therefore God has said, “I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.”

Confession:
Dear Father, I thank you for the blood of Jesus. By my faith in the blood of Jesus I declare that all my sins are washed away and my conscience is completely cleansed from all guilt and condemnation. Therefore I declare that I have overcome the wicked one by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony. Amen.

For further study, read:
Romans 3:25-26; Ephesians 1:7; 1 John 2:1-2.

Doing the Word:
Give the Lord thanks for His grace and mercy.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION