Friday 20 September 2019

Lean On God's Grace



“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness…”
2 Corinthians 12:9.

When God says in our opening scripture  “My grace is sufficient for thee”, the word 'sufficient' in the Greek means enough. It also means 'to put you over'. This means that grace gives you the capacity to win. It produces in you the transcending life. God's grace on your life gives you the empowerment to live beyond human limitations.

God also says in our opening scripture, “for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” The word 'strength' in the Greek means power. Therefore God is saying to you that His power is made perfect in weakness. God's power finds perfect expression in you when you are weak. That is why you will observe that those who were very weak before they got saved, become very strong after they were saved. It is the case of God's power finding perfect expression in their weakness.

The Message Bible puts 2 Corinthians 12:9 this way, “And then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness.”

If you learn to rely on God's grace, it will compensate for your weaknesses; spiritual, mental and physical. If you were forgetful, expect grace to compensate and make you smarter.

Confession.
In the Name of Jesus, I declare that I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

For further study, read:
2 Corinthians 3:5-6, 2 Corinthians 12:10,
1 Timothy 1:12-14.

Doing the Word
Trust God's grace completely and never rely in natural strength. Lean on God's grace.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
        +2348051204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION