Thursday 12 September 2019

Knowing God's Love



“He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.”
1 John 4:8 (AMP).

Have you received a revelation knowledge of God? Our opening scripture reveals that God is love. He is love personified.

When Peter denied Jesus three times, for him it was over. But not with God because Jesus told him earlier that he was going to deny Him, “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.” Luke 22:31-32.

Jesus knew beforehand that Peter was going to deny Him and He loved Peter so much that He prayed for Him that His faith fail not. In the same way, God knew you were going to make that wrong decision before you did and He has already made provision for your forgiveness. So ask Him for forgiveness and He will forgive you.

God because of His great love for you will always give you another opportunity to prove your love for Him just as He did for Peter in John 21:15-17, He gave Peter three opportunities to affirm his love for Him. “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.” 1 John 4:19 says, “We love him, because he first loved us.” That is unmerited favour.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank You because Your love is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit You have given to me. I ask that You fill my heart with the knowledge of Your love for me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: 
Ephesians 2:4-8 (AMP), 1 John 4:10, Revelation 1:5.

Doing the Word
Love God wholeheartedly because He first loved you and He is giving you another chance.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call; +2348033827072,
       +2348051204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION