Sunday 13 October 2013

DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE

“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” 
Psalm 90:12(KJV).

There are three phases of your life. 0-30 is your learning years. 30-60 is your giving years and 60-90 are your rewarding years.

When I found out that from 0-30 are my learning years, I started reading. I applied my heart to wisdom. That was why I read the way I did as a student, because I was preparing for my future. I was asked one time by the librarian of my university as a student, “Why are you always reading?” Then I answered, “I want to be able to leave so much information for generations to come.” He looked at me and said, “What are you talking about?” I answered, “I have one life to live and it must not be wasted.”

If you are a young person reading this today, the question I will like to ask you is this, “Are you applying your heart to wisdom? Do you read? Do you take preparation for your future seriously?” Understand that you have just one life to live, don't waste it and don't give room for regrets.

Don't pursue vague ambitions that will not last. For instance, someone may say that his goal in life is to build the largest house in Nigeria. Twenty years from now, that house may not be among the first forty best houses.

Instead let wisdom guide your life, so that you can bless the world with new discoveries and witty inventions. And even in an hundred years to come, you will be remembered for that thing.

Therefore, live your life by intuitive intelligence. That is what will help you live a significant life, and make a mark that cannot be erased.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I ask that you reveal to me in clear terms your vision for my life and I receive grace from you today, to help me number my days that I may apply my heart to your wisdom always in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
Psalm 39:4, Deuteronomy 32:29, Ecclesiastes 9:10, Proverbs 23:12, Proverbs 23:23.

DOING THE WORD
Commit yourself to God's vision for your life and lay aside all selfish ambitions.
Please read Proverbs chapter 13.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION