Saturday 12 October 2013

Increase your effectiveness

“Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.” Acts 6:3(KJV).  

From our opening scripture, we see the requirement for leadership being stated, and one of those requirements is to be filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom. This is because being filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom ought to increase your effectiveness and productivity as a leader.

As a leader in any field, learning to raise new leaders and delegating to them  appropriately when it is required as a result of growth is a proof of wisdom on your part. Leaders who lack this wisdom will experience lots of stress, and they will later begin to become ineffective as leaders.

I remember reading a book where it was said that the heart of a 35 year old Pastor was tested and his heart was like the heart of a man who was more than 70 years of age. So, if you do not want that to happen to you, learn the value of raising leaders now, so that you can delegate to them when the need  arises. That is wisdom.

When you read the book of Numbers 11:14-15(CEV), Moses cried out to God saying, “This job is too much for me.

How can I take care of all these people by myself? If this is the way you're going to treat me, just kill me now and end my miserable life!” Do you know what God said when he replied Moses? God instructed him to delegate.

In Numbers 11:16-17 (KJV), “And the LORD said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee. And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.”

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for I know that you love me. I thank you for your wisdom is functioning in me to be able to choose the right people to train, and delegate to at the appropriate time for greater effectiveness and productivity in that which you have committed to my trust in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Exodus 18:25-26, Deuteronomy 1:9-18, Luke 10:1-21.

DOING THE WORD
As a leader, look for areas that have been a burden, and let God guide you to whom to delegate to.
Please read Proverbs chapter 12.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION