Thursday 17 July 2014

You must be born again

“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” 
John 3:7(KJV)  

I remember a time I was counseling a couple for marriage and the Spirit of God told me that the man was not born again. So I asked him, “are you born again sir?” and he answered saying, “yes Pastor I am born again.” So I continued the counseling and the Spirit of God again said to me that the man was not born again. So I asked him again if he was born again, and he answered on the affirmative.

Then I went on to ask him, “how are you sure you are born again?” Then he answered saying, “I grew up in church.” Then I made him know that growing up in church doesn't mean that he was born again. Then he again said, “I use to win sword drill and Bible quiz from childhood.” I again said “that doesn't mean you are born again.” He went on to say, “but I was very close to my Pastor.” I answered, “that doesn't mean you are born again.”

Then I asked him, “have you at anytime in your life said, Jesus come into my heart or Jesus be my Lord and Saviour.” It was at this point he said no, he put his head down and said, “now I realize that I was never born again.” Yet the lady he wanted to get married to, thought he was born again. This man was very generous in church yet he was not born again. Thank God his life was spared all that time, because if he had died that way he would have gone to hell.

Do you know that there are many people like that today who attend churches but are not born again? Yet they think that they are born again. And if you are not yet born again, you have not yet entered into the kingdom of God, and it is only those who have entered into the kingdom of God that can go to heaven. Therefore if you know you are not born again please pray the prayer of salvation below:

PRAYER OF SALVATION
 “O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day for my justification. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal Saviour. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit even now. Amen.”

For further study read:  
John 3:1-7, Acts 10:1-6, Acts 11:13-14, Romans 10:9-10.

DOING THE WORD
Thank the Lord for your salvation and pray that the hearts of those who have not been born again in the church will be open to the truth concerning salvation.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION