Friday 23 January 2015

Know your identity.

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Jeremiah 1:5

God speaks in our opening scripture to you saying, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; …" The word 'knew' there is from the Hebrew word 'Yada' which refers to an intimate knowledge. Yada also means to 'ascertain by seeing.' This means that you were born because God had a vision of you. This means that we could read Jeremiah 1:5 this way, 'Before I formed you in the belly I saw you.' Then God said, "…before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." This shows us that God's vision for your life gives you a sense of identity.

When you find an insecure person, you've found someone who does not know why he or she was born. There is something every man of vision knows, he knows that if you put him anywhere, strip him of everything he has, with who he is, he would have. Have you found your identity in God's vision for your life? Have you found out that you have the capacity to shine wherever you are because of God's vision for your life?

You would not be insecure anymore when you discover God's vision for your life because God's vision for you would give you a sense of value. Don't measure your value by where you are today, measure your value by who God has made you based on His vision for your life.

Prayer.

Dear Father I thank you because I believe that the purpose for which you permitted my birth shall be fulfilled completely by the working of your grace in my life in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Acts 26:16-19, Acts 9:10-15, John 1:19-23.

Doing the Word

Stop comparing yourself with others, be secure in God's vision for your life.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION